We all get older and start feeling the effects of time. Inflammation from food and environment effects us all eventually. Don’t let it creep on you without a fight. Here’s a way to detect if something is going wrong.
Do you have metabolic syndrome?
Read the following 5 criteria. If even 3 identify with you then by the guidelines you have metabolic syndrome.
1. Waist line 40 inches or above for men.
Waist line 35 inches or above for women.
2. Triglycerides at or above 150 mg/dL.
3. Low HDL (good) cholesterol…… below 50 mg/dL for women or below 40 mg/dL for men. Or you on meds for cholesterol.
4. High blood pressure… above 130/85 or on meds for HBP.
5. High fasting blood sugar….. above 100 mg/dL.
According to the NIH..
“Metabolic syndrome is the name for a group of risk factors that raises your risk for heart disease and other health problems, such as diabetes and stroke.”
Know your numbers !! Exercise even 30 minutes per day.
And last but not least, make sure you do not have inflammation in the mouth that greatly compounds these issues.
Wrany Southard, DDS