Cosmetic Crowns in Tulsa
Cosmetic crowns are a great way to treat broken, misshapen, or damaged teeth. From traumatic injuries to infections, a cosmetic crown can restore a dental issue and give a natural appearance to your tooth.
Dr. Wrany Southard specializes in cosmetic crowns in Tulsa. Using advanced techniques, a specialized lab, and a comprehensive examination process, Southard Dental can provide affordable, beautiful and effective cosmetic crowns.
Dental Crowns: Understanding the Basics
Once prepared, your existing tooth will act as an anchor for your new crown. The crown is bonded in place for permanent restoration. Functionally, it will cover treated damage or decay, but aesthetically it will be a perfect match to your natural teeth and bite, mimicking the original shape and color of the treated tooth.
In the past, gold was often used to create crowns due to its pliability. Today, ceramic and porcelain are much more common because these materials offer a more natural appearance while still being extremely durable.
Fitting and Placing Crowns
The process of fitting a crown begins with a thorough examination. At Southard Dental, Dr. Southard will examine your damaged tooth and take x-rays of your mouth. Your tooth will be cleaned and reshaped to prepare it for a crown, and a mold will be taken and sent to the laboratory, which will start producing your cosmetic crown.
Once your crown has been developed, you’ll come in for your fitting. The crown will be placed over your tooth to ensure a perfect fit, and then it will be permanently bonded into place with dental cement.
That’s it! The entire procedure is quick and easy, and it’s conducted under only local anesthesia.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Crowns
Cosmetic crowns have a wide variety of benefits:
- Restores Natural Appearance and Function of Teeth: This is certainly the most prominent benefit of a cosmetic crown from Southard Dental. Your new tooth will be indistinguishable from your natural teeth, providing you with totally instinctive function.
- Strengthens and Protects Teeth: A crown covers your entire tooth, so it can help prevent further damage.
- Durable and Long-Lasting: A properly installed crown will last for 15+ years, making it a great long-term cosmetic dentistry investment.
- Low Maintenance: Crowns require no special maintenance or care. Simply brush and floss normally.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain and ceramic crowns are stain resistant, so you won’t have to worry about your new tooth becoming yellowed.
Cosmetic crowns from Southard Dental are durable, long-lasting, and affordable, making them a fantastic choice for restoring your smile.
Come to Southard Dental Today! Restore Your Smile With a Cosmetic Crown
At Southard Dental, we dedicate ourselves to your smile. Dr. Wrany Southard loves helping patients achieve beautiful, healthy smiles with cosmetic dentistry, preventative dentistry, and education-based general dentistry services! Plus, our single-doctor practice ensures that you’ll always get the customized attention that you deserve.
If you think a cosmetic crown is right for you, schedule an appointment with Southard Dental in Tulsa today. Contact us at (918) 294-1144, or come to our office at 6333 S Memorial Dr., Tulsa, OK, 74133.